Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wall*E and Martin the Spartan

Last week I caught Wall*E. Amazing. The first 30 minutes of the movie you forget that you are watching an animated film. I can't recall a movie that I have seen recently with this much heart. Pixar has outdone themselves. Kudos Pixar!


Martin the Spartan (The Animated Short) is coming along nicely. I had some time this past week to get to the animation of the opening scene. I'm taking a different attitude and sense of patience with this project. I really think this could be a pretty amazing project for me. Usually, I'd be in a rush to get something like this out, but not this time. I may post a snap shot here and there, but that's about it. I'm treating this as seriously as I can. If it takes another year to get this done, I'll be fine with it. I just want to finally complete something that just doesn't last two minutes and has a "to be continued" at the end and never actually continue it. MtS has the possibility to be a ongoing story other then the "short" which will introduce the story of Martin the Spartan and end with a sense of completion.

No comments: