Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If it's not hard, it's not worth doing.

Here are some screen shots of the opening of the Animated Short "Spartan the Martin". I especially like how the museum came out. I have no release date for StM as this will be a work in progress. I've been torn about animating this, as I really didn't think I had the chops. BUT, as the saying goes...if it's not hard, it's not worth doing.

I've been fortunate to have some fresh inspiration come from different area's of my life recently and I've finally decided to make this animation happen. I love the story even more as it developes and the character designs and backgrounds have really come along to where this deserves to be animated.

Over this past weekend I saw Kung Fu Panda...for the second time. I enjoyed this movie a lot the first time around. I found it even more amazing the second time as I could take in the animation and design of the film even more. This film is definitely one of those points of inspiration. for me., right down to the soundtrack. Which I now own.

No comments: