Thursday, January 15, 2009

All that we are is... Entwined.

A wise man by the name of Wes Molebash suggested I should write a comic about my dating life. I've since become convinced, he's right.

I've decided to re-brand LOP and change the premise. I recently had been listening to Jason Reeves "Entwined". I think it's a great song and the word "Entwined" to me is an interesting word. And an even better title to my new comic strip. There is a bit of art imitating life or imitating those hopes of possibilities that may or may not ever come to fruition. But, my love of writing and drawing has never been any stronger then it is today. If all things come to fruition, this source of inspiration could become an endless well. Of that I have no doubt. With some patience, perhaps those hopes and thoughts could become mutual.

You see, I am horrible at dating. I spent the majority of my adult life in the same relationship. 12 years is a long time with one person and it stunted my ability to be that cool guy who can wait the three days before calling after the first date. I'm use to knowing where somewhere is coming from. There is no mystery after 12 years. You know how that person feels about you. Of course with dating. It's the mystery of all mysteries. When I like someone I want to let them know. But, these days, if you do it you may appear as some freak of nature. I wear my feelings on my sleeve. I hide nothing. To a fault. I am 33 years old and I am ready to "fall in love...forever." I'm a hopeless romantic. I believe in that kind of love you see in movies and in comic strips in this case.

I want to give my all to that special someone. I'm ready. I'm reaching out. She's within my finger tips. (Somewhere deep down, I feel that to be true) I only wonder. Is she willing to return my reach???

Stay tuned.

I also believe now that all dates should happen on an Ice Rink. Plenty of moments for chivalry and perfect for uninterrupted conversation. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don,
Good to see a comic again. I wish you well with this new one and will be a subscriber of course.